- Book your tickets at the right time – When you are planning to book domestic airline tickets online, 50 days out is measured as the average best time to book, whereas booking international airways varies by destination and the ticket should be booked long before your chosen departure date. Try the day range +3/-3 (or 6/7) if you have a flexible date plan, searching different dates will offer a wide range of ticket prices to consider.
- Avoid booking too early – People generally know when and where they are going in advance but stop being overzealous! It is found that the average domestic fare is 20% higher six months before a selected departure date than a month in advance.
- Travel multi city – Couple of years back, airline companies you to offer huge discounts when you book a round trip ticket into and out of the same city! Not anymore. Occasionally, flying into one city and out of another will offer great prices and discounts.
- Book one way flight – Couple of years back a round trip tickets into and out of the same city used to be pocket friendly, so too is the case for general round trip flight tickets. Today, booking two one way tickets are way cheaper than booking a full round trip flight ticket, so make sure you check the price f both the tickets before booking.
- Keep your mind open – If you are only looking to escape your day to day routine and don’t have a preferred destination – just check the random destination city and who knows? You might get the cheapest flight tickets for your dream getaway!
- Book a package instead of a ticket – It is a fact that opting for travel packages can turn out to be pocket friendly – a flight and hotel, a flight and car etc.).
- Book one person flights – Even though you are looking to book a flight for the entire family, make sure you do a separate check for the tickets for one person first. There are many airlines that hike up the ticket prices when you are booking bulk seats at a time.
- Aggressive search – Check different sites plus the individual airline sites you are attracted to; many times airline websites offer you a better deal.